-Musket (clean as a whistle)
-Sixty rounds powder and ball
ROGER'S RANGERS STANDING ORDERS:
1. Donít forget nothing.
2. Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, sixty rounds powder and ball, and be ready to march at a minuteís warning.
3. When you are on the march, act the way you would if you were sneaking up on a deer. See the enemy first.
4. Tell the truth about what you see and what you do. There is an army depending on us for correct information. You can lie all you please when you tell other folks about the rangers, but donít never lie to a ranger or officer.
5. Donít never take a chance you donít have to.
6. When weíre on march we march single file, far enough apart so no one shot can go through two men.
7. If we strike swamps, or soft ground, we spread out abreast, so itís hard to track us.
8. When we march, we keep moving till dark, so as to give the enemy the least possible chance at us.
9. When we camp, half the party stays awake while the other half sleeps.
10. If we take prisoners, we keep Ďem separate till we have time to examine them, so they canít cook up a story between Ďem.
11. Donít ever march home the same way. Take a different route so you wonít be ambushed.
12. No matter whether we travel in big parties or little ones, each party has to keep a scout 20 yards ahead, 20 yards on each flank, and 20 yards in the rear, so the main body canít be surprised and wiped out.
13. Every night youíll be told where to meet if surrounded by a superior force.
14. Donít sit down to eat without posting sentries.
15. Donít sleep beyond dawn. Dawnís when the French and Indians attack.
16. Donít cross a river at a regular ford.
17. If somebodyís trailing you, make a circle, come back onto your own tracks, and ambush the folks that aim to ambush you.
18. Donít stand up when the enemyís coming against you. Kneel down, lie down, hide behind a tree.
19. Let the enemy come till heís almost close enough to touch. Then let him have it and jump out and finish him up with your hatchet.
Source: SH 21-76, Ranger Handbook.
|Items marked "(R)" No Export, No Paypal, NO EXCEPTIONS|
Phone: 919 818-3649
Address: 2533 Atlantic Ave, Suite 103, Raleigh, NC 27604
Phone Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am - 4pm Eastern Time (ET)
Local Pick Up Hours: Monday-Friday, 10am - 3pm
Online Sales Ship As Per Normal
Walk-In Store Closed Currently For Renovations
Curbside Pick Up Available
Online Orders Normally Ship in 1-2 Business Days, Expect Slight Delays During Sale Periods.
$5 Standard Shipping to any US or APO/FPO Address!
International Shipping is Available to Select Countries
UPS Shipping Options: Orders must be placed by NOON Eastern Time (ET) to ensure they go out the same day.
Orders are not processed on the weekends.
Verified Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, we accept GPC Cards and Government Contracts
CAGE: 5MU18 / DUNS: 361562593 / SDVOSB: 253753