Emdom-MM Dragster Strap
Overview: Emdom-MM Dragster Strap is an ultra compact emergency drag / utility strap system (1,995 lbs static load limitation) designed by Emdom USA and MM from www.militarymorons.com. Its primary use is to assist in (hand-free) dragging a wounded or immobile person away from immediate danger when used in conjunction with a rigger belt and two carabineers / snap links (not included). Other uses include hauling up / securing a load, assisting a person to overcome / descend from a wall / slope, or functioning as a handy webbing / buddy link. The system is multifunctional, yet compact enough to be carried by anyone, and can be deployed instantly without complications.
Dragster strap (6 ft long, 1” wide mil-spec nylon webbing) has a 2” wide loop at each end for carabineer / snap link attachment. The loops are reinforced by six bartacks, four box stitches, and two ITW metal tri-glide for strength. The Dragster Strap was sent out to an independent testing company and was able to withstand a static load of 1,995 lbs before breaking.
Storage pouch (ultra compact: 4” tall x 2.1” wide x 1.75”deep) has both MALICE clips matrix and VELCRO® Brand fastener straps at the back. It is PAL / MOLLE compatible, and can be vertically or horizontally mounted on a MOLLE compatible vest / armor, or rigger’s belt. The pouch has a piece of short webbing on each side where an ITW web dominator buckle (included) can be installed to secure one carabineer outside the pouch when it is not attached to the rigger's belt.
System set up:
· Attach a carabineer / snap link at each end of the Dragster Strap.
· Install the ITW web dominator buckle (included) at the side webbing of the storage pouch.
· Doubling the Dragster Strap and fold it over few times, so it can be instantly extended without unrolling during deployment.
· Mount the storage pouch on a vest / armor / rigger’s belt; horizontally or vertically at your preference.
· Stow the folded Dragster Strap and one carabineer / snap link into the storage pouch, leaving another carabineer outside the pouch.
· Secure the outside carabineer / snap link at the web dominator buckle located at the side of pouch. Or directly attach it at the triangle or D-ring of the rigger's belt for ready use.
Deployment & Tips:
· Attach the outside carabineer / snap link at the triangle or D-ring of the rigger’s belt.
· Open the storage pouch, and take out the Dragster Strap along with the inside carabineer / snap link.
· Attach the inside carabineer / snap link at the drag handle of the body armor / tactical vest of the wounded person. For shorter strap set up, loop the Dragster Strap through the drag handle, then attach the inside carabineer back to the triangle or D-ring of the rigger’s belt. In the shorter strap set up, the wounded person is pulled up during the dragging. It will be easier than dragging only horizontally as there is less friction.
· In the “two people drag one person” situation, two Dragster Straps can be chained and used in conjunction.
Materials: Dragster Strap system is built from 1000 denier Dupont mil-spec Cordura and mil-spec webbing. It comes with one ITW web dominator buckle and one short MALICE clips, allowing attachment to MOLLE / PALS / MALICE / ALICE system, web belt or webbing up to 3" wide. It is currently available in Multicam, Sewer green (smoke green), Coyote, and Black. Backed with Emdom’s lifetime warranty. Note: carabineers / snap links and rigger's belt are not included.
***Precaution: The Dragster Strap is not intended for extended / daily use in place of a proper restraint / safety harness or strap, nor as climbing / repelling equipment or personal retention lanyards that are used on boats or helicopters. The dragster strap fails at 1,995 lbs of static loading test (weight slowly applied on the strap until it breaks). It is not a dynamic loading test which a sudden thrust of force is applied at a loose strap. It is the responsibility of the user to be aware of the load limit prior to use. User must plan accordingly as each situation may present a different weight load criteria. The Dragster Strap can be used for a multitude of things as long as the user recognizes its limitations.
Carabiner NOT included.
Colors: Coyote, Green, Black, Multicam
This Item is Excluded from Limited Sale Coupon Codes
|25% OFF SALOMON FOOTWEAR!|
Items marked "(R)" No Export, No Paypal, NO EXCEPTIONS
Phone: 919 818-3649
Address: 2533 Atlantic Ave, Suite 103, Raleigh, NC 27604
Phone Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am - 4pm Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Walk-In Customers Welcome from 10am - 3pm!
Shipping: Expect Shipping Delays Due to Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale
$5 Standard Shipping to any US or APO/FPO Address!
UPS Shipping Options: Orders must be placed by 12pm EST to ensure they go out the same day.
Orders are not processed on the weekends.
International Rates, see the left margin tab marked "CONTACT / POLICIES"
Verified Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, we accept GPC Cards and Government Contracts
CAGE: 5MU18 / DUNS: 361562593 / SDVOSB: 253753