Our exclusive MBAV APC now includes 3D spacer mesh padding along the inner face of the front and back panels for comfort and ventilation!
A plate carrier that accommodates USSOCOM issued MBAV (Modular Body Armor Vest) soft armor and SAPI plates. Must feature high degree of scalability, modularity, PALS webbing, QASM compatibility, while maintaining the fundamentals of simplicity in wear and maintenance.
OPT's owner approached Mayflower about making simple modifications to the time proven, simple design of the Assault Plate Carrier. This is an APC sized to hold MBAV soft armor and SAPI plates, with added features of a removable front flap that exposes a pile tape belly area that easily accommodates any QASM compatible placard or chest rig, and updated slim shoulder pads with padding and stretchable tweave covering.
An affordable, highly modular, armor carrier, that provides any USSOCOM Operator with a high degree of load flexibility, and mobility; whether in training, or on the battlefield.
• The MBAV-APC is optimized for use with SwiftClip Chest Rigs or Placards.
• The upper front of the MBAV-APC contains an integral admin pouch with internal elastic loops to retain pens, pencils, chemlites or similar items. This pouch has a wider opening than the standard APC and can fit larger documents easier.
• There is an additional pocket in front of the admin pouch to hold quick access documents like maps/index cards.
• The front lower half of the APC has a velcro kangaroo pocket sized to hold up to three M4 sized magazines. A triple M4 pouch insert is available separately to fit this pocket. When using a triple mag insert, only hard plates that are less than 0.75 inches thick will fit properly. Plates that are 0.75 inches or thicker may have issues fitting into plate pocket when triple shingle is used and all 3 mags are in the shingle insert.
• Cummerbund is made to Soft armor inserts, and can also fit thin 6x6 inch side plates in a separate pocket (may require an additional retainer strap to secure the top of a hard plate). Use same size Velocity Systems soft armor cummerbund insert as the size of the cummerbund.
• The MBAV-APC features removable SwiftClip® Buckles on the front of the carrier to allow the individual to mount various chest rigs and placards directly to the carrier. This configuration allows the individual to use the same loadout with or without armor or have multiple rigs configured for different mission requirements.
• Front/Back panels feature an internal plate strap to secure Hard plates and soft armor in place and adjust ride height in the pocket.
The plate pockets are sized to accommodate stand alone or in-conjunction with SAPI/ESAPI or Swimmer cut plates. Sized to fit MBAV soft armor or regular SAPI plate backer soft armor.Extensive testing has proven plate shifting is not an issue.
The S/M APC will fit small, medium and 10”x12” sized plates. The L/XL APC will fit large and extra-large plates.
S/M1 - Small/Medium Front and Back Panel, Small Cummerbund: 5 Columns of MOLLE per side
Cummerbund has a wide range of adjustment, when in doubt go with the larger Cummerbund size, as your armor will increase the diameter once in the carrier. S/M1 is best suited for users who wear Small or Medium SAPI Plates and have a thin waist (32 inch or less).
Weight: Approximately 2 lbs
Material: 500D Cordura
All materials and workmanship are 100% made in the USA.
PLEASE READ: This is the old style MBAV-APC, it DOES NOT have mesh padding, instead it is 500D Cordura. These carriers also lack the front pocket flap with MOLLE webbing, and the shoulder pads. The cummerbund does not have Multicam Velcro on it. The plate carrier pictured, is the plate carrier for sale. History: these carriers have been in our warehouse for a few years without cummerbunds, shoulder pads, or front flaps; we combined some cummerbunds with them that were also found during recent inventory. These carriers are 100% functional, and the price has been reduced to accommodate the lack of certain features, and the fact that they are the old design.
|Items marked "(R)" No Export, No Paypal, NO EXCEPTIONS|
Phone: 919 818-3649
Address: 2533 Atlantic Ave, Suite 103, Raleigh, NC 27604
Phone Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am - 4pm Eastern Time (ET)
Local Pick Up Hours: Monday-Friday, 10am - 3pm
Online Sales Ship As Per Normal
Walk-In Store Closed For Renovations
Curbside Pick Up Available
Online Orders Normally Ship in 1-2 Business Days, Expect Slight Delays During Sale Periods.
$7.95 Standard Shipping to any US or APO/FPO Address!
International Shipping is Available to Select Countries
UPS Shipping Options: Orders must be placed by NOON Eastern Time (ET) to ensure they go out the same day.
Orders are not processed on the weekends.
Verified Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, we accept GPC Cards and Government Contracts
CAGE: 5MU18 / DUNS: 361562593 / SDVOSB: 253753